Monday, February 7, 2011

Grammar?

In terms of grammar, spelling and punctuation I am what many would call a prodigy. I can commit no wrong. Of course this is no different from my everyday life. What can I not do to perfection? There is nothing. You may ask yourself if I can do anything then why am I not the all star of the University of Oklahoma’s football team. Well the answer is simple. I am too good. I would outshine everyone.

I must admit that I just lied. Does that count as a fact error? I do fall barely less then perfect when it comes to grammar, spelling and punctuation. The last time that I did this much was back in middle school. In high school all that was focused on was reading and analyzing books, which now seems irrelevant. I guess it was the education’s system to make me a well-rounded student. Maybe I’m not the best at forging sentences or putting commas in all the right places, but this class will surely help me improve. I fall short when there seems to be 17,000,000 different verbs to use in different situations. Has or have. Was or were. Is or are. Also, what is so wrong with using us instead of we? I instead of me? Him instead of he? I propose that we eliminate the use of me, he and we. Yes, it would sound odd at first, but I believe “us” could get used to it. Now, who can point out all my grammar mistakes? Or is it whom?

1 comment: