Monday, February 7, 2011

Past Grammatical Experiences

In my past experiences, I have not had much trouble with the functions of writing. My main issue has been with commas. I tend to use many more than are actually needed. I tend to use commas like alcoholics drink. They are convenient and usually get the job done. Unless, of course, I end up with a run on sentence that rambles on about 50 different subjects, which used to be a serious problem for me. Otherwise, spelling and grammar was never much of an issue. However, other than a gigantic words, I have few issues with the rest of the structures of writing.

4 comments:

  1. I agree completely about comma use being a challenge. I tend to just throw a comma in and continue writing. Unfortunately, before I know it I have a sentence that is 12 lines long and covers about 10 topics! Probably not so great for a Journalism Major.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stupid little nuisances. I hate comma's with a passion. Well not really, but what's life without a little exaggeration? Either way, better safe than sorry. I'd rather have too many than too little. Speaking of comma's I used two in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problems. Commas tend to give me and excuse to ramble, jumping to and fro from topic to topic. Funny metaphor about the convenience of comma use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have thought about commas being like alcohol, but now that I think about it they are very much like alcohol. The more you use or drink the more it messes you up.

    ReplyDelete