Monday, February 7, 2011

Challenges

To be perfectly honest about my grammar, punctuation and spelling, it is awful. In fact, I just now spelled the word punctuation incorrectly. In high school my teachers for English were great; however, they were obviously not able to send me off into the world with extraordinary grammar skills. I have always lacked in this department and I am starting to believe I might always will. I have always tried my best with grammar and for a while thought I was pretty decent at it. My teachers never really made a ton of changes to my papers but now that I am experiencing this class I have found that I am not “pretty decent” at all, just plain bad. The challenges I face as a writer are specifically grammar, punctuation and spelling, I have some great ideas if I could only get them on paper properly. So I do apologize if you, the reader, find mistakes in this testament but as I have said I need a lot more practice.

3 comments:

  1. I was the exact same way, I even spelled punctuation wrong writing my blog too. Hopefully this class will help us both with our grammar problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for not putting comma before the last item in the list in the first sentence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing more frustrating then having a super awesome concept and research and overall language skills for a paper only to get shut down by commas and dashes cause your teacher is a grammar nazi.

    ReplyDelete