Monday, February 7, 2011

Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling

When it comes to spelling and punctuation I am relatively skilled. Grammar, on the other hand, is a totally different story. I loathe it for lack of a better word. I think the most challenging part of grammar for me is my tendency to write how I speak, which is not always correct. I have also found that in high school and my first few years of college correct grammar and punctuation were not always stressed. For this reason I have forgotten many of the skills that I learned early on. I thank God for Microsoft Word because without it I would have many more problems in these areas. Although, relying on Microsoft Word is probably a problem in itself.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, in high school it was pretty easy to get away with some of the more basic things. Word is a gift from God, I'm telling you. It's saves me all the time for capitalization, especially when you're used to typing for IMs and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. Microsoft Word is a life saver when it comes to spelling, punctuation and grammar. I don't worry about relying too heavily on Word though. The way I see it is that once I get in the professional world there won't be that many occasions where I will be more than just taking notes or writing a first draft by hand. Memos, articles, professional emails and most other written communication are all done electronically now so they all pass some kind of filter like Word's spell check.

    ReplyDelete