Monday, February 7, 2011

Grammar Challenges

My middle school drilled us with grammar lessons. I swear I must have done seven workbooks full of it in 7th grade. However, a lot of my high school career consisted of reading books during our English classes. This didn’t allow me to practice my grammar and writing skills as much as I would have liked; thus a lot of it slipped my mind. When I took the LST to be eligible for this class, I realized I had forgotten many grammar rules since I hadn’t taken it in a while. My challenges mostly come from my inability to decipher between what I would normally say in conversation with friends and what is actually grammatically correct.

2 comments:

  1. All I did in high school pretty much was read books too, so boring! I'm glad we sit next to each other so we can help each other out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I think high school needs to focus more on grammar. We are taught a lot in middle school, but no one remembers anything from middle school. The grammar in this class and the LST is important for quality writing, but it is something I was never taught in high school, making it even harder for us.

    ReplyDelete